Does Dan Scripps want to tax your ground water? NO!
- Dan Scripps has opposed any taxation of private residential wealth. He believes that it’s your water, its your well, and you should be able to use it.
- That’s why Dan introduced HB 6050 – would prevent any taxation of residential water wealth.
- The issue they’re talking about is a bill that would give protection to groundwater to protect your well if a big company like Nestle or a fracking operation moved in next door and took so much water that your well ran dry.
- The special interests didn’t like this and twisted into a lie. The truth is that everyone who looked into this – from former state agriculture commissioner Don Coe, former Republican Governor Bill Milliken, or any member of the local newspaper editorial board – found that the stories being spread on this bill were without merit.
- The bigger story here is Curt VanderWall’s relation with the special interests. He’s repeating the same lie coined by the special interests, while at the same time cozying up to Enbridge, the oil company responsible for the Kalamazoo River oil spill, and refusing to shut down Enbridge’s Line 5 pipeline in the Straits of Mackinac, while Dan has been pushing to shut down Line 5