The Manistee County Democratic Party Executive Committee has endorsed all three of these proposition by unanimous ballot.
Voters for Transparency and Term Limits: The ballot measure would amend the state constitution to reduce the maximum length a lawmaker can serve in the Legislature from 14 years to 12 years but would allow them to serve the full tenure in one chamber. The constitutional amendment would also require state lawmakers, the governor, the secretary of state and the state attorney general to disclose certain financial information.
Promote the Vote 2022: The coalition of voting-rights groups seeks to amend the state constitution to:
- Allow nine days of early voting
- Publicly subsidize absentee ballots and a tracking system for the ballot location
- Continue to allow registered voters without a state ID to sign an affidavit attesting to their identity
- Allow public sources and charities to fund elections, subject to disclosure rules
- Allow voters to register for absentee ballots for all future elections
- Require ballot drop boxes for every 15,000 voters in a municipality
- Establish that post-election audits can only be conducted by state and local officials
- Require canvass boards to only certify election results based on the official vote counts
Reproductive Freedom for All: The measure would amend the state Constitution to make reproductive freedom a right, repealing a decades-old law that makes abortion a felony.
*Information from bridgemi.com